- This event has passed.
Broomtail BBQ Cook-Off Challenge!
March 29 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
After taking a break for the short month of February, we are back with another BROOMTAIL COOK-OFF CHALLENGE!! And what says NC love more than a BBQ COOK-OFF!?
That’s right, this month we are paying homage to the food that put NC on the map – delicious, smoked pork BBQ. No, we don’t expect you to roast a whole pig (unless you want to), but we are keeping this cook-off strictly to pork, pulled or chopped, using only Eastern or Western NC-style BBQ sauce depending on your preference.
For this cook-off, we are bringing back the Broomtail Judging Panel to decide the winner. Our 5 judges will decide the winner based on our BBQ tasting score card (we will release the score card guidelines soon), and that winner will receive the $50 GRAND PRIZE! We will also have two smaller prizes for best Eastern NC sauce and best Western NC sauce (each $5) as well. As always, we will also have an anonymous Popular Vote by the Broomtail customers for their favorite BBQ, with that winner receiving a $15 gift card. We will provide all utensils, plates, and napkins needed for sampling. While not necessary, kudos to anyone that wants to bring coleslaw, buns, or hushpuppies (or anything else that you think enhances your BBQ)! Please message us or tell Jarrod if you want to enter or be an official judge.
1. BBQ must be homemade and either chopped or pulled pork BBQ
2. Bring any sauce or accoutrements that you want
3. Have BBQ ready and at the Broomtail Taproom by 4pm
4. Official judging begins at 4pm
5. Customer judging begins after the BT judges have received all samples
6. People who enter BBQ will be allowed to sample before those who did not
7. Each customer will place ONE vote for their favorite BBQ
8. Winner(s) will be announced shortly after 5pm
1. $50 GRAND PRIZE to the judges favorite BBQ
2. $15 POPULAR VOTE winner
3. Two $5 prizes for best Western and best Eastern style sauce